Friday, July 6, 2012

Public Transport

One of the greatest things about coming to Ghana is that I have a newfound appreciation for Marta. Never again will I complain about the public transportation system in Atlanta. Ever. In all honesty though, the transportation here could be a lot worse Besides feeling like I'm going to die every time I step foot into a vehicle with wheels, my only complaint is that there does not seem to be a system to any of it. There is some form of system....but it takes a lot to understand the system. Taxis are ever-present and the trotro/bus stations always have buses going where I want. There's just no way to confirm any of it. I rode on my first trotro over the weekend. Trotros are jam-packed buses (the size of a 14 -seater van---but much more dodgy) that have set routes. They wait until they are full, and then they leave for their destination. Usually, they are very cramped--but very cheap.

No comments:

Post a Comment