Friday, June 29, 2012

Mummy's Place

Mummy's Place was one of the greatest blessings waiting for me in Ghana. Instead of being alone in Africa with no one to travel or hang out with, I have always had people wanting to do things. Mummy, the landlady, is like my Ghanaian grandmother. She is one of the sweetest women I have ever met, and she treats all of her guests like children. The house-complex is within walking distance of everything, and I am only a block away from Oxford Street. Oxford Street is like the Comm. Ave of Accra, and one of the few streets down here that actually has a name (you can imagine my surprise at finding there were no street signs on the first day I tried to find work!). One of the greatest things about living in Mummy's place is the people. It houses between 25-30 people from all over the world. There are 16 people from Denmark, five from Ghana, three from South Africa, three from Korea, two from Canada, one from Japan, one from England, and four Americans. There is a courtyard in the middle of the various apartments, and people tend to chill there most nights.

No comments:

Post a Comment